Friday, November 11, 2011

How to train your Dragon


HALLOWEEN

For Halloween we did a "How to train your Dragon" theme from the movie.


My Viking hubby with the cutest little Dragon. ;)
Love the slightly crooked Viking hat look. haha!


Our Monstrous Nightmare Dragon.
He's a little harder to train, he came with a much more FIERY temperament. heehee!


Trick or Treat
(I would give him something good. You don't want to mess with Dragons)

Trick or Treating with young kids is really about the tradition of it. Like I'm going to allow Max to eat ALL the candy, so it ends up being eaten by Shaun and I. heehee. Even though, we shouldn't be eating it all either. When you go up to a house and they tell Max to take more, it cracks me up! It's really going to the parents. AND people give out all the good kind of candy now. Remember when we were younger and you would get all sorts of "not so good" candy. Max had all the "good stuff," even some FULL sized candy bars.

Max had some wire lined wings that flared out. He wouldn't wear them. I took the wire out and used velcro to put the wings on. He still ended up ripping them off.
He also has a dragon mask, which I now wear to chase him around the house with, flapping my arms and making all sorts of Dragon noises.
I used to chase him around with a stuffed Monstrous Nightmare Dragon we got before we had seen the movie. When we first watched the movie as a family, I brought it out to watch the movie with us. Max watched the movie with his arm snuggled around the dragon. It was adorable. The stuffed Dragon has become Boston's nemesis. It's hilarious! I'm going to do a post about that.


Here's Easton earlier in the day, before he turned into a Dragon. ;)


3 comments:

Kat M said...

What adorable costumes!!! Where did you find Max's outfit?

Ammie said...

Thanks Kat! I got both of their costumes on Ebay. :)

Chance's Mom said...

Very cute! Love the theme. We were cowboys and indians this year. THEN, we were Disney characters. I was the wicked mom in Tangled and Lexey was little tangled and Aubrey was big tangled. They had blond wigs and everything. It was adorable. Norm has enjoyed taking our babies trick or treating because they are so darn cute. Then, since they are so little, they can not eat all of that candy! So Norm(ok, sometimes I have helped) has gallantly eaten the wretched poison for them.