Friday, March 12, 2010

8 years

On March 2nd, Shaun and I celebrated 8 years of marriage.It was a wonderful day. Our plan was to go out that night to dinner. At about 10:30am Shaun calls me from work and tells me to go to the door because there's something there for me. I head to the door with a smile on my face, thinking that he's sent me flowers. He's never had flowers sent to me before. He's given me flowers but never has had them delivered to me.

I open the door and it's Shaun with flowers and some chocolate covered strawberries! I LOVED IT! What a great surprise! I got a little gitty, I have to admit. And the flowers were gorgeous.
Then he said that he got a babysitter for Max and he's taking me out to lunch and a movie. And It didn't end there. Shaun wrote me the most beautiful letter. He had spent months on it! MONTHS!! How sweet. It was even better because Shaun is more of the every day great husband. He normally has no idea what to do for the special occasions. I guess after 8 years he's learning. As am I. Which is a good thing. I loved that he went ahead and planned everything! And then surprised me.
The letter was cleaver, endearing, and made me cry....that was embarrassing....I don't like to cry. It meant so much to me that he really put a lot of thought and time into it. It was the kind of letter that will be going in my "important file box." You know, the one with all the important papers and things in it, the one that you would grab if there was ever a fire. It's the kind of letter I could and will read over and over again.
He read all the verses 8 in the Book of Mormon and then chose 8 of them and applied them to me with commentary. That was part of the letter. The whole letter was very cleaver, thoughtful, and touched me deeply.
Here is a sneak peak of the letter. Just a peak. I want the rest to be cherished by me only. to be shared between Shaun and I.
1 Nephi 8:8 And it came to pass that the Spirit said unto me: Look! And I looked and beheld a tree; and it was like unto the tree which my father had seen; and the beauty thereof was far beyond, yea, exceeding of all beauty; and the whiteness thereof did exceed the whiteness of the driven snow. Shaun's words: "This verse reminds me of you inner purity, goodness, and your beauty. You're naturally good, I saw this when we first met and this characteristic attracted me to you. This verse fits you perfectly."
AND....Shaun's words: "I love how you trust to confide in me all your feelings and thoughts. I know you do not open up to anyone else the way you do to me. This is what marriage is about, It's about being there for each other at all times.

There's a sneak peak for you. Except, Shaun also found things in history that happened on March 2nd, and put it in the letter. I thought I would share them with you. Dr. Seuss was born, 1904. The city of Boston was attacked in 1777. (The same city that Shaun and I got married. :) Grave robbers stole Charlie Chaplin's body in 1978. Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in one game in 1962.
AND, The best thing, Shaun and Ammie were married for time and all eternity in the Boston, Massachusetts temple.
Thank you Shaun for making me feel so special. :) As for the rest of you, I hope I didn't make you all want to throw-up or feel uncomfortable reading something so personal to me as the letter. Because for me it was more than just a sappy letter or post. It was real and it came from the heart with real intent and thought. Personalized just for me. That's why it meant so much to me. It wasen't just I love you, It was WHY I love you. :)

No comments: