Monday, January 31, 2011

Bird watching

It was a good bird watching day, overcast with a little rain. As I sat at the window with Max and whispered in his ear, "We have to be quite while we watch the birds so they don't fly away." I was so happy to be a mom. Otherwise, I wouldn't have just sat and enjoyed the birds outside. It's so fun to discover things again with your child. Bird watching has become a fun thing for Max and I to do.
When I see the birds outside or in the trees by the window, I make sure to bring Max over. While Max enjoys watching the flight and movements of the birds, I get to enjoy the birds and the wonder of my child.


2 comments:

Chance's Mom said...

We need to get these two cousins closer together. They could share their excitement as they watched airplanes fly overhead and try their darndest to be quiet while they watched birds. These are Lexey's favorite things too. I love snuggling into her little neck or against her check as she points to birds she sees outside.

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

This is so cute. My daughter LOVES birds, they're practically the coolest things on earth to her!