Monday, August 11, 2008

Still pregnant!

I went to the doctor on Thursday for a blood test. They want to test your blood every 2 to 3 days to make sure your HCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin levels are doubling. This is what is found in your urine or blood that tells you are pregnant.
In general, the HCG level will double every 2-3 days in early pregnancy.
85% of normal pregnancies will have the HCG level double every 72 hours.
HCG levels peak at about 8-10 weeks of pregnancy and then decline, remaining at lower levels for the rest of the pregnancy.

My first number on Tuesday was 164, My number for Thursday was 400 and something. I forgot the exact number (I can't believe I forgot with all this excitement) When I went into the doctor's office today I asked if I was having twins with such high numbers. She said, "With numbers this high it usually is twins!!" Now I'm trying not to get myself all worked up but today they called me back and told me my numbers where 2095!! I was ready for an ultrasound this Wednesday!! They told us Thursday that the ultrasound would be in about 10 days. But I have reached the 1000 mark, or double that, so we get an ultrasound this Wednesday! I'm so excited I can hardly stand to wait. I want to know if we're having twins or not.

I think twins would be so cool, but also really hard in a lot of ways. I just would worry about them being healthy and not coming to pre-mature. But, It would be so amazing to have two!

I need to start planning now for my whole life to change. Again, Thanks for all your prayers! I'll let you know Wednesday what the news is.

This miracle of pregnancy is the coolest thing in the world. To feel and to know all the changes going on in my body truly fasinates me every day.

3 comments:

Chelle! said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you!!! I hope and pray that all goes with you!!! TWINS!! WOW!!! That could be so fun and exciting!!

Heather said...

I am so relieved. That is awesome. It sounds like thinks are progressing as they should. Yeah!!!!!!You have been in our prayers. Even my hubby has added you to our prayers. Keep up the good work. Keep doubling little baby or babies!!!!!

Anonymous said...

testing