Thursday, May 21, 2009

Doing nothing and feeling good about it

Yesterday I had the best day. I decided that I was NOT going to feel guilty or worry about all the things that I should or could be doing. The laundry could wait. The house could wait to be cleaned. The errands could be done another day. All those things could wait. I never really can get all that stuff done but I'm always thinking about it and wishing I could. Not yesterday.
I was going to relax and enjoy some snuggle time with Max and not think of things I could or should be doing.
there is always something we could, should, or need to do for many reasons. But today I was going to sit in the rocker with Max asleep on my chest and watch a movie. Guilt free and worry free.
It was wonderful! When I had to get up to go to the bathroom or get something to eat. I would lay Max in is bouncer and then instead of thinking, While he is sleeping and content in his bouncer, What could I hurry and get done. NO!! I picked him right back up and put him back on my chest and thought this is what is really important. I just enjoyed snuggling him while I watched a movie, T.V, and took a nap. It was awesome!! The rest of the world could go on with the mundane. I was going to enjoy this time.
I always enjoy snuggling with Max but it's even better to do with a clear mind and just enjoy doing NOTHING!! Because a lot of times things don't get done because we don't have time, We're too exhausted, Or we have other people to take care of. I let it all go. It felt awesome! Thanks Max for helping me to enjoy what really is important.

"In all living, have much fun and laughter, Life is to be enjoyed not just endured."
Gordon B. Hinkley


Max is also back to taking some nice naps during the day:)



Tuesday
Wednesday
(In the bouncer just for a second then back to snuggling with me:)

today
Here's a few pictures of the "photo shoot" from yesterday. I can't stop taking pictures of him. So expect to see a lot more. In these photos you can see his eyes are turning more blue.











1 comment:

Kat M said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your day!!! That is awesome.