Sunday, April 11, 2010

Max's Birthday FUN!!





THE BIRTHDAY BOY!



What a great day we had celebrating!

First, we invited some little friends over for a play date Birthday party
from 12:00 - 1:00pm





We made sure to have plenty of snacks
Goldfish, yogurt melts, animal cookies, and taffy (although, the taffy was really more for the mommies. )





We learned we need to work on Max's friend etiquette. ;)



Seriously?!!........ADORABLE little friends!!!!




MORE............ADORABLENESS!




The party crew......CUTENESS!



Then it was time for the family party at 5:00pm. We sent out invitations looking like a book. The book was called, Maxwell has a Birthday party. It was a story time themed party.
I love to read to Max. We read to him 3 times a day. Before naps and at bedtime. He really enjoys it. I hope he has a love for reading like his mom and dad. AND after seeing the party pictures you may be seeing ORANGE and BLUE. ;)


First, we made the tables look like beds. With ORANGE and BLUE twin sheet sets.







On one table we had Mr. Bear. With the book You Are Special by Max Lucado (such a cute book with a wonderful message)





On the other table we had the book, Where the Wild Things Are. Which is a story about a little boy named MAX. (another classic book) With a dragon to show you how to be wild!


Of course, even I had to dress for the party. With a ORANGE bow in my hair and BLUE bows tied onto my flip flops. :) Because let's face it, I remember being a big part of this birth. ;)




A must have at a FIRST Birthday party. Max's very own huge cupcake to destroy. You'll see this later.



A taffy bouquet. Made with what else? ORANGE and BLUE taffy.





What do you serve at a story time Birthday party?




Green eggs and ham



Meatballs from the book, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.



Strawberries from the book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Where you have to poke holes into the strawberries because The very hungry caterpillar has been here. :)


sneaky little Caterpillar


With Max's Worm Cake for dessert from the book, Max's Worm Cake starring Max and his sister Ruby.


To drink? Pepsi MAX of course.


Then we watched a picture DVD with music that I made of Max's first Year. When I figure out how to download it to blogger. I will share.




PRESENTS!! What a lucky boy to have such a great family. Thanks for sharing Max's special day with us. We love you!






It's time to destroy!!







That a boy Max!!




Straight to the tubby!




Then we went out in the front yard and played the water game. It was hilarious! What a wonderful day!! Here's to many more HAPPY BIRTHDAYS for my Max!!


You only turn ONE once! You only have ONE first birthday.


*on a side note* I had ordered some books online called Max's Dragon, Max's words, and a book simply called MAX. Only one of the books made it in time for Max's party. bummer. I was going to hang them from the fan as decorations. Over kill? YES! I just couldn't help it!! It was so FUN!!!
I love you Maxwell! This will always be a special day in my heart. April 10th. What a great chapter that day started in our life story. That would defiantly be a worthy tale for Story time. :)






5 comments:

80 Porter Toes said...

What a fun day!! You are such a great mommy!!

Heather said...

What an adorable party you put together, Ammie. You cute mommy! I just can't believe your baby is a year old. What a doll. Looks like you had a wonderful day.

Micah said...

First of all, I cannot believe Max turned one! Wasn't it just last week he got blessed in church? Secondly, your preparation for the party is amazing! You have such cute ideas and make everything look so good! Is it wrong to want to eat a high chair? And finally, your photography to show it all off is incredible! Thanks for sharing such a special day!

Ammie said...

Thanks everyone! I had so much fun planning and pulling off this party!!!

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

I'm really late to the party here but I love it! I'm trying to plan a book/storytime party for my 1.5 yr old's second birthday and I found your blog googling for ideas. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs will be on our food list too! :)