Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why so serious?

I have a couple things I want to say in this post. First, I was so excited to really capture Max's beautiful eyes! Their big, blue, and covered in these long lashes. His eyes can be very intense when he looks at you, like in the above picture.
Sometimes, when I sing to him at night before he goes to sleep, he likes to stare up into my eyes, like he's studying me and what I'm saying in the songs. He'll stare so intently into my eyes, It's like he's trying to read my thoughts. He doesn't move a muscle, just stares directly into my eyes.
Second, Max is a very serious and intense kid. Sometimes, when I'm playing with Max and trying to make him laugh or giggle, he'll be more into figuring out what I'm doing or how I'm doing it. Now, of course, he does laugh and giggle, but when he's playing or learning something new, he can be very serious about it. I'll try and take his picture and get him to look at me and smile, He'll be so intense into what he's doing, he'll just look at me like in the above picture.
He becomes so intense, which turns him into a perfectionist, which then makes him upset by any change from what he wants it to be. We've been able to work on it with him and he's getting better about it.
He has a very strong personality, which, can test me on a daily basis.
He's my very spirited child, which means he can be more intense, persistent, perceptive, sensitive, and energetic, with a strong temperament. Can you tell I've read a lot of books about it. ;)
The other night, Shaun and I had a very fun discussion about what we see in Max and his personality in the way of pros and cons, and what we thought he would be like, or good at, as he grows into an adult. It was really fun to talk about! It's fun to really try and see your child for who they are, and figure out what's the best way to raise them.
I love Max and it's been so fun to see him grow and develop and become the person that he is now. Who knows what else is to come with Max and who he is. I'm absolutely intrigued to find out.

I really wanted to get a picture of Max's beautiful face AND his face smiling. So after I was getting no where trying to get him to smile, like in the above picture, with my face behind the camera it was not working. So, I held the camera below my face and tried to get Max to laugh so I could capture the sparkle in his face when he smiles and laughs.




LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
(notice my capital LOVE, I was so happy to really capture Max's sparkle)



serious/intense eyes


sparkling smile eyes


I love them both........absolutely beautiful.




and of course, I love that smile.

In fact, I love it all. :)






1 comment:

Chance's Mom said...

I love those eyes too! Spirited children are the best.