Friday, June 19, 2009

Just so you know what a flip flop is


When I went into work the other day I found this note on my desk. It reads exactly as follows.




Team:





In footwear and fashion, flip-flops (also known as thongs) are a kind of flat, backless shoe that consist of a sole held on the foot by a u-shaped strap that passes between the first (big) and second toes and around either side of the foot. If it does not have 4 straps it's a flip flop.





Capri pants must cover the knee when standing or sitting.








See Steph with questions











I do have a question. Capri pants ARE supposed to be long enough to cover the knee. That's why it's called a Capri.





I'm so glad they gave us this DETAILED note. Otherwise I might not know what a flip-flop is. Can you feel the sarcasm oozing from this note? I'm so glad the bosses like to treat us all like morons. Although I'm sure some people I work with ARE morons.


Why is it that the few always ruin it for the rest of us? I'm sure a few people continue to wear flip-flops so we all get a lesson on flip-flops.



I really did find the note quite hilarious. I hope you were able to find this to be a learning experience. You now know what a flip-flop is.


Maybe next time they might go into a more detailed note about the thong. Both kinds of thongs. Butt floss anyone? But that would be considered sexual harassment and we would all have to watch the sexual harassment video again. You know the one they have you watch in training. No thanks!





















2 comments:

Trisha said...

Ames, I had to read that one out loud to Mike so he could laugh with me. You crack me up. I do hate how the dummies in the bunch screw up the fun for everyone. Get with it people!

Kelley M. said...

Amm - I'm dying because you always referred to flip flops as "thongs" and I always laughed thinking you meant butt floss - "has anyone seen my thongs?" Hahahh. And I've been meaning to talk to you about your capris - they've been a BIT short lately ;P. Thanks for the chuckle - I needed ot today!!