Thursday, November 5, 2009

HALLOWEEN FUN

MoNsTeR Cupcakes



These were really fun to make! Thanks Amy for the fun idea. You can get creative and make your own with whatever candy you think would make a great monster face.




My little Trick or Treater




Chocolate GHOST suckers


You can use Almond Bark or white chocolate chips. All you do is melt the chocolate. Add some vegetable oil to the chocolate so you can spread the chocolate easier.
Spoon out a ghost shape onto parchment paper. Add sucker stick, Then cover with more chocolate so it holds better. Make some eyes. I used red hots. Put in the fridge until hard.


PUMPKIN time
Cleaning out the guts





I carved a detail into the pumpkin. It looked really cool in the dark. I couldn't get a good picture with my flash on my camera. It was the first time I had done a design. Their really fun to do. I recommend that you get the really good carving tools. Not the crap cheap ones.




Pumpkin seeds
I roasted the pumpkin seeds in the oven. I just coated them with olive oil and salt. Shaun and I enjoyed them. Does anyone know of a good way to separate the seeds from the guts? That is a pain. I put all the guts and seeds in the sink with very cold water. The seeds are supposed to float to the top so you can scoop them up better. They did float to the top, But so did a lot of the guts. It took a long time to pick out the seeds.




Halloween block party






We had a Halloween block party at our house. We started at 8:00pm. We had soup, snacks, treats, and fun SPOOKY music. Thanks to all that participated! It was a fun Halloween/October.








No comments: