Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cinco de Mayo due date


My due date for Easton is May fifth, which is Cinco de Mayo.

Cinco de Mayo
(Spanish for "fifth of May") is a holiday held on May 5 that commemorates the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza . It is celebrated primarily in the state of Puebla and in the United States. While Cinco de Mayo sees limited significance and celebration nationwide in Mexico, the date is observed nationwide in the United States and other locations around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride. Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day, the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I find it funny that everyday I have to have a plain tortilla with butter on it, warmed up in the microwave. haha! Maybe, Easton and Cinco de Mayo were meant to be.


1 comment:

Garth & Ashley Pedersen said...

Oh that is fun! That was my brother & Grandma's bdays. And as far as tortilla with butter um yum! I love that snack. And if you add a little cinnamon and sugar even yummier!