Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beautiful Art


I've been blown away again by the talents of others. It's amazing to me what people can create. I went over to the Mesa, AZ Temple visitor center. They have a display there until September of paintings, sculptures, and carvings. I was mesmerized by what I saw. I had to take time on each one and fully indulge my self in the beauty of it. It evoked such sweet emotions as good art should.
The story behind each piece and the ability to have it shine through is amazing to me. The colors, the detailing, seeing the paint stokes up close and then slowly stepping back and taking it all in. It's so fascinating to me all the detail and the different colors and shades that go into it. I appreciate each stroke. In my mind I in vision the person making the piece and wonder how they do it and what they were thinking. I hope they know how much I love it and want to thank them for sharing their amazing talent with me. I really think of it as a gift.
Here's some of the pictures I took, they will not fully give you the true beauty of each piece. I hope you can still see how amazing they are. I had to take the picture at an angle so there would be no flash. Some of the paintings were huge. at least as tall as myself. I fully enjoyed this display. I'll be back to view it several more times. I've already been 3 times.



ESTHER




HOLD TO THE ROD


ONE OF THE TEN VIRGINS. HER LAMP WAS FULL




MARY AND MARTHA


JESUS AND HIS EARTHY FATHER.....JOESPH








SAVIOR OF THE WORLD



JOSEPH SMITH





No comments: