Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Feeling like a moron

I had to go to the store. Wally world in fact. I just needed to pick-up a few things. Which really ended up being a lot of things. So with my cart full, I headed to the check-out line. All the lines where really long. I know this is a shock for Wally world. ;) Even so, The lines were extra long.
I wasen't in a hurry so I took my place in one of the lines and waited.
Then one of the checkers came to me and said, "I can help you over here." Wonderful! I follow her to her register. When I get there I see the sign above the register. Express lane, 20 items or less. Uh-Oh, I don't belong in this line. I tell her that I defiantly have more then 20 items. She tells me that's just fine. She's helping to get the lines through.
This sounds great. Until people start getting in line behind me. People who actually have 20 items or less. It was so embarrassing. Here I am trying to load all of my things on the little counter, No conveyor belt in the express lane. I had to wait for her to ring up some of my items and bag them. Then I could put more things up to be scanned through. I felt like such an idiot! The people behind me were probably thinking the same thing to themselves.
It's a good thing that Max was with me. He was smiling at all the people behind us, being really friendly, and making them smile.
Otherwise, There could have been a riot! It was a relief to roll away with my cart full of goods. I didn't want anyone else looking at me like I was moron being in the express lane with a full cart.

No comments: